Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Who Shrunk Daniel Funk Book 1: Attack of the Growling Eyeballs by Lin Oliver


Okay, so I know this title is a little crazy. When I first saw it I didn't know what to expect. Seeing Lin Oliver's name on the cover immediatley drew me to the book because I love her work with Henry Winkler's Hank Zipper books, so I decided to pick up the book and read. I have not regretted my decision at all. Daniel Funk at first seems to be a normal boy. He's involved in sports, annoys his 3 sisters and plays video games. Very typical right down to his incredibly messy room (of which he includes a diagram). After letting out a goulash smelling burp, Daniel does something atypical for a boy. He shrinks Suddenly his sock mountain seems to be as tall as Mount Everest, and the Creature Condo with the familiy pets looks like a danger zone.

I am quickly falling in love with this story and eagerly am anticipating the next book in the series which comes out in September. Lin Oliver has shown once again that she can capture the voice of the young male and make us want to read more.

No comments: